Friday 25 March 2011

UPDATE!

So. After spending quite a bit of time hunting around with my dad for a decent, yet cheap, little car, we found a very nice little Ford Fiesta for under £900 and in very good condition! Winner! My dad had already got me a Satnav, which I had registered and set up, and I bought some insurance for the car so that I could drive it home. All set. :)

Then I check my emails and realise that actually a car ISN'T necessary for this job, as I can use the two RSPB cars to get to Loch Ruthven!

So I had a decision to make:

EITHER
Buy the car so that I can drive up to Inverness with all my stuff, use it to get to the site and back and have my petrol re-imbursed, and so that I can get around more easily on weekends.

OR,
Don't buy the car, cancel the insurance, use the RSPB cars to get to the site, and either walk or use buses to get around the Inverness area on the weekends. Saving me around £2000 in total.

I think you can guess what I chose to do! So unfortunately, I am not the proud new owner of a nice little car, but I will be will be able to actually save some money from this job. And if I get there and realise that actually a car would be massively useful, I'll have more time and money to find one up there. AND it means I don't have to stress so much right now! Which is awesome!

The only slight downside is that I now have a satnav that I don't have a whole lot of use for right now (and the shop won't take it back since I've opened it and registered it etc), but I'm going to have to get a car at some point in the next few years, hopefully when I've got some more money, so it will be very useful then :)

Also, I now have to fly up to Inverness, as it is MUCH cheaper and easier than getting the train (which takes 9 hours and involves changing trains about 3 times) but it does mean that I might have to have some luggage packed up and sent to me if I can't fit it all on the flight. But thats no big worry really, and hopefully won't cost a lot, so it's all good!!

Now all I've got to do is book a flight, pack all my stuff, and find somewhere to live! Shouldn't be too hard...right?? Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck!!! And dont stress yourself out so much! You gotta leave room for actually enjoying your new job! It will be awesome. X

    ReplyDelete